The lifespan of a kuhli loach is 10 to 14 years. The average kuhli loach lives for around 10 years in captivity. In the wild, however, kuhli loaches can live for up to 14 years.
Of course, each individual fish is different, and their lifespans depend on how you treat them. Here are some tips to help your kuhli loach live a long and healthy life:
- Avoid overcrowding the tank
- Avoid keeping it with territorial or aggressive tankmates
- Maintain the water pH around 6.0 and 7.0
- Provide soft substrates, such as sand and fine gravel
- Feed it a healthy diet two to three times a day
- Keep the water temperature between 73–86°F (22.7°–30°C)