No, a goldfish will not die if you touch it. As long as you keep your hands clean and handle the goldfish gently, it should be fine.
Also, make sure to keep the goldfish inside the water. Only remove your fish from the water when absolutely necessary and don’t take too long before putting it back in the water.
Additionally, touching your goldfish for too long or too often is not recommended. When you touch your goldfish, a part of your fish’s protective slime coating gets removed. This slime coating has various functions, including protecting your goldfish from infection, toxins, and parasites. The more you handle your goldfish, the more of this protective barrier will be lost, leaving it more vulnerable to infections and diseases.