Angelfish live for about ten years. Some angelfish can even live for 15 years if they’re provided with a healthy diet and proper tank conditions.
Here are some things you can do to prolong their lifespan:
- Make sure each fish gets at least 10 gallons of water
- Feed them a high protein diet
- Provide them with plants and hiding spaces
- Separate aggressive angelfish
- Avoid housing them with aggressive tankmates
- Maintain their tank regularly
Aside from its living conditions, an angelfish’s lifespan depends on its genetics as well. Inbred angelfish with poor genetics tend to barely survive for five years. Thus, you should try to buy angelfish from reputable local breeders.