Yes, platies are hardy. Platies can tolerate a wide range of water conditions and environments. They can even survive for up to two weeks without food. For these reasons, platies are a popular choice for beginners and experts alike.
However, just because platies are hardy doesn’t mean you can neglect them. Proper care and maintenance will help your platies become healthier and happier.
Here are some basic platy needs you need to pay attention to:
- Avoid overcrowding the tank
- Maintain the temperature around 70°F to 82°F (21.1°C to 27.7°C)
- Change 25% of the tank water once every two weeks
- Clean the tank regularly
- Provide plenty of plants and hiding spaces
- Feed them a varied diet that’s rich in vegetables