No, angelfish are not hard to keep. Angelfish are easy to maintain as they can tolerate a range of water parameters and tank mates.
However, angelfish are susceptible to various bacterial, viral, and fungal infections, but you can keep those diseases at bay by maintaining a clean tank and adequate water conditions.
Here are some angelfish maintenance tips:
- Feed them high-protein pellets, insects, and small crustaceans
- Provide them with plants, shades, and hiding spots
- Keep the water pH between 6 to 7.5
- Get a proper tank filtration system
- Maintain a slow water current
- Maintain the water temperature at 75⁰F – 81⁰F (24⁰C – 27⁰C)
- Change 25% the water once a week
- Clean the tank at least once a month